View Single Post
      07-08-2022, 07:29 PM   #97
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
What? It’s funny how people see things so differently or selectively remember… to me that was just excellent driving by Lewis, good prediction and quick thinking to avoid Max’s attempt to deliberately ram him and crash him out of the race… Lewis was quick to respond and dodged Max’s gross attempt… Max should have been penalized for that, not Lewis. And Lewis didn’t gain any advantage in his leaving the course, meanwhile the complete story is Max was an all-out menace on the track and threatening everyone’s safety. During that same race Max himself prior to that picture & without being pushed opted to cut the same corner and gained an advantage over Lewis.

There’s a reason a picture was posted and not the video clearly showing Max’s dangerous driving that led to Hamilton deft evasive action.
Hamilton straight blew through that corner, and he gained a large time advantage. He didn't slow down, he accelerated through the chicane and was far further ahead of Max than he was prior to entering the turn. Max had no shot at obtaining DRS at that point due to the advantage Hamilton gained and he also lost the slipstream effect going into the long straight.

I'm not arguing about whether or not Max forced him to cut the chicane. It's arguable he did of course, but it's also arguable he late braked into the turn and beat Hamilton to it. I'm simply starting that Hamilton full on smashed the throttle through the chicane and gained a huge time advantage at the start. Here's the video below, take a look at how close the cars were going into the corner, and then see where Hamilton is at the :30 second mark. He's basically a mile ahead, that was absolutely ridiculous and he should have been penalized.

Appreciate 3
NYG10744.00
M5Rick60123.00