BMW550mike
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW550mike View Post
Isturbo thanks for getting back to me! Your car looks Absolutely fantastic, I especially like the exhaust set up. My car is not the M-Sport spec So I do believe I would need an entirely new bumper assembly to get that look I'm going for. However I am curious as to the exhaust, knowing nothing about how it works and what exactly I need, would I be able to just have them cut off the old tips and weld on some new ones to get them to fit into the bumper housing if I am just going for the look and not the sound? Again thank you so much for the reply.
My car is also not MSPORT spec. My 535i is a base model. I added the MSPORT rear bumper and side skirts. When you buy the MSPORT rear bumper it comes with everything you need. As far as the exhaust if you're leaving the OEM mufflers but just cutting off the tips you'll need to decide on what size tips you're going to use. There's a few sizes forum members have used from quad 3", 3.5" and 4". And depending on what diffuser you decide to go with you have to determine which configuration to get. There's two available and that would be the "Y" and the "h" staggered tips. Like I mentioned before if you are using your OEM mufflers you will need to get a diffuser for the MSPORT and use whatever size tips bit those tips would need to be using a "Y" configuration. If you decide to go with a M5 diffuser you will most likely need to use a "h" configuration. You will need to have the bumper installed as well as the diffuser for the muffler shop to make the necessary adjustments for the tips to be centered of the exhaust openings of the diffuser or it won't look right. You confused me since you stated that your doing a quad exhaust but now you're saying you're just cutting off the tips and welding new one's?

Like many of us you really need to spend some time researching this from what members have done. There's quite a bit of examples if you search. Ill be honest...it doesn't make sense to me if you're trying to go for an aggressive look if you're keeping the stock exhaust? Good luck
Yeah man I understand. What I meant was that the 550 already appears to have the quad exhaust, it's just the exhaust tip that blends the two together so I meant cut off the tip itself (the chrome bit that looks like a trapezoid) and weld on some new tips so that it looks right when placed in with the new bumper. Other than that I'm clear on everything else. I really appreciate your help