05-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #19
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I've got 43K miles on 2 535i's (a '12 and '14) and have yet to see a DTM... And I purchased them CPO.
Well I guess I was wrong, but assuming you split the mileage between the two, 20K each is about what, 1-1.5 year of ownership each, I guess it's possible not to see one. I wouldn't bet on that being the case in somewhat longer term ownership, 4+ years.

There's still time (hope not) for you.

F10s are pretty cool and sophisticated, but that also sometimes works against them. I remember vacuuming the car two years ago and "seat calibration" warning came up and reset was required at the dealership. Explanation was that "system got confused by seats were being moved to their extreme limits". "Not a big deal, no rush to reset" SA said, "it just might affect your airbag operation." In another instance, smallest amount of snow got onto the passenger seat, another "warning" came up, one that apparently also might affect proper airbag operation (this one was gone after seat was dried out, forum search option helped me on that one).

My point being, there are so many monitoring systems on these cars that aren't difficult to trigger, drive-train malfunction being one of them. While many of these issues are covered under warranty or CPO, it's still pain to get them diagnosed, as they costs owners time.
Appreciate 0