05-29-2017, 05:42 PM   #20
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Well I guess I was wrong, but assuming you split the mileage between the two, 20K each is about what, 1-1.5 year of ownership each, I guess it's possible not to see one. I wouldn't bet on that being the case in somewhat longer term ownership, 4+ years.

There's still time (hope not) for you. ...
One has 40K in just over 2 years (the '12) and the '14 has just shy of 5K in just over 4 months. The '12 has about 81K miles and the '14 just over 30K miles.

Quote:
My point being, there are so many monitoring systems on these cars that aren't difficult to trigger, drive-train malfunction being one of them. While many of these issues are covered under warranty or CPO, it's still pain to get them diagnosed, as they costs owners time.
Our V8 Lincoln LSes had a thing we all called the mystery beep. It was a warning that had a duration that was so short the message disappeared before it could be displayed. The best the engineers could come up with was that it was a brief (milli-milli-second) communication error between a sensor and the PCM. We just figured it was the car saying "Hi" to us!

Last edited by ezaircon4jc; 05-29-2017 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0