View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #84
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Your point brings up a very good observance. As you stated, you're into racing. With that in mind, I am certain you use your mirrors religiously. Isn't it possible that Max does not, or even as much as he should? Why did Max not see that Hamilton was in his space, and continue in that direction, knowing what the outcome could be?
I honestly have no idea, with regards to how much or little Max uses his mirrors.

I can say that mirrors on open wheel cars aren't particularly useful, especially when traveling in a bend at that speed. Max likely had a pretty good sense of where HAM was.

If it was one of our races, it would have been ruled HAM's fault and he would have been DQ'd and likely suspended for a race. Our rules state that it's the overtaking driver's responsibility to complete a pass safely, and contact to the rear wheel/quarter panel area that causes damage and/or deviation from the line is a textbook 'punt' and would result in the aforementioned penalties. Obviously...F1 has different rules
Appreciate 1