08-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #18
ro881e
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52 2007 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Since he is the main topic of conversation this year in terms of driver moves, lets talk about Bottas.

Like him or hate him, he seems to be a pretty stand up guy in a really tough spot.

He took the blame for the incident in T1 and apologized to each driver.

For the most part, every time he is interviewed, Lewis is brought up as a comparison.

He may be in a dominant car, but he is also against one of the best drivers of all time and is destined to be outclassed in the large majority of races.

Until this year, he does manage to grab the points for the team in most cases and picks up the win when Lewis doesn't.

He has been in a visibly difficult mental struggle with this role for 4 years now and still gives it his all even in the face of being the butt of many jokes and constantly fighting for his seat.

I want GR to get his seat next year, but part of me feels for VB. I think he has had the hardest job around in F1 for the past few years and deserves our respect no matter what happens going forward.
Agree also, but let's not forget that Mercedes team are the 'best of the best' or have been in recent years. It's a business and as nice a guy as bottas is, he just isn't cutting the mustard. He is visibly slower than Rosberg was, and hasnt really had a chance against Hamilton from day 1. They need someone fresh, post-hamilton retirement and exciting. He is a good wingman but he has stagnated. Some flurries of greatness in qualifying but when he has a racing challenge in front of him 9 times out of 10 he bottles it. It's a hard game but he just hasn't got the edge a top team expects I think.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00