View Single Post
      09-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #8
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
Wow, I'll be honest. Maybe I missed something, but I would have thought a 535i with all those mods would make more power...
It's a valid point Amoo. And I felt/ feel the same way. But I know that F30 N55s always dyno higher number than the equivalent F10 for some reason (and I think 97% of all N55 dyno data is from the more popular F30 platform), PWG (mine) do lower numbers than EWG, and early F10 N55s (my 2011) run a "carry over almost" E-Chassis DME so the software may not be as efficient as that of the 2012+ F10 N55s. Engine is in perfect health and all that jazz. But I can't yet draw a solid conclusion from this as 1- I dyno'd in the wrong gear, and 2- the operator was starting the runs too late.

All I can do at this point in look for consistency in the graphs (yes), and that the log doesn't have any red flags to indicate a problem (all looks good). So next time I dyno I'll be sure to correct my errors to get REAL numbers (whatever they may be lol). I'm doing this for my curiosity but also because it's rare for F10 owners to do it. I think we should have more information like this available to us.

More testing coming soon!