View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

OK guys as promised I just received the package and did the install, Here are my initial impressions:
The package was nicely done but the instructions were lacking. I did receive an email with pictures before the package arrived detailing the spot of the MAP sensor.
As I opened the package I noticed there were two sensor attachment spots on the harness although there is no mention where the second attachment would go. I went ahead and started fiddling around as is my usual. It helped alot having the BMS stage 1 already installed since I thought to myself it has to be one of the other 3 spots, clearly it was not the solenoid attachment so I had only 2 other spots to check. It turned out to be the MAF sensor which is logical. In all honestly I did not contact them about this so I can not blame them other than not including this information in the package.

Once I realized what to do, the installation is literally 10 mins including removing BMS stage 1 that was already installed.

On to my observations:
1. The idling of the car on first ignition no longer goes above 1K as it used to with the BMS when you first start from cold
2. The throttle response is AMAZING! This is one thing I had issues with going with the BMS as there was no lack of power once you hit the pedal but when going off from 0 there is always that little bit of hesitation and this is GONE now
3. The power appears to have also increased along with the responsiveness and this is most notable when going in Normal mode. I almost never stay in normal but now I can almost say that normal mode maybe my default.
4. Torque is definitely up, I can tell since now I see the DCT flashing more often than I used to in the past. I haven't pushed the pedal to the metal yet.
5. Overall I am thrilled with this. I was very skeptical seeing how there are only 2 sensors on the harness and I am pleased to say that it is for sure non inferior to the stage 1 but I haven't had time to toy with it yet to say for sure if it is superior. One thing I can say for sure is responsiveness is DEFINITELY superior and is to say the least STRIKING.

I will write a bit more once I have time to test the limits of this tune later in the week and towards the weekend!

MBA
Appreciate 2