06-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #34
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMack2688 View Post
Does anyone have experience with this. I don't even have the rocker switch on my 2011 535 xdrive. I bought a superset one from ebay. Any help ? I'm new to BMW but not working on cars. I'd rather not do this myself. Thanks
Same specs as mine. I changed 205 to 2TB at one point, I believe. For me it changed DS to S1, S2, S3 and that might be about it. My transfer case was replaced under warranty and required coding and my 2TB (and all other coding) was lost. When I recoded I didn't both with 2TB.

I'm working on a retrofit to an LCI steering wheel with paddles so I will likely be putting 2TB back in to get the paddles to work.

I can't say I observed any different behaviour of the transmission in terms of shift points (i.e. what RPM shifts were performed) or shift program selection (i.e. what shift profile/program was used for shifts of various levels of aggressiveness).

[ After getting my M Performance Exhaust I became aware that there's three major shift programs/types - a slow and lazy automatic shift, a faster shift that sounds almost like a manual transmission and a DCT-style "brap" shift. I sure wouldn't mind if I could code a preference for more aggressive shift programs in general. ]
Appreciate 0