View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #133
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Are people missing the fact that these cars have an M engine in them? Not just a sportier version of an existing engine like the 1M, but an M engine! I remember when all the haters were complaining about the 1M not having a true Sxx engine. Then you all complained about the M5 being forced induction. Now this. The car isn't trying to be a diesel M5. Did you all complain when BMW first used electric seats or cd players? It's called moving with the fucking times!

Who gives a shit if it's a diesel or not. The fact is, it's more powerful and a damn sight torquier than an E46 M3. Does that not mean that it's a performance car?!

BMW aren't diluting the M brand, they're using it!

People can put M badges on their 320 saloons all day long and you know what, I don't care. I and the rest of the world will know that it's just a badge. Do you really think that people can't tell the difference between an M3 and a 520d with an M badge?!

I for one would jump at the M550d Touring. 381hp and better economy than my 330?! Yes please! I won't however think I'm driving an M5. Just a performance M diesel.

Finally, I think the US as a whole, and apologies for the sweeping statement, but you guys need to get over the diesel hate. Move with the times. Ok it's not popular in the states and in places, actually hard to find, yet you complain it's a shit fuel when someone up there said that most people put regular (88 Ron) fuel in their cars?!?! I wouldn't put that in my lawnmower!!!

Not meaning to start a flame war, and I've put my suit on already, but come on. Too many people getting precious about something they know very little about.