View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #41
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

I'm sure if the same type of perception shifted to the industries these buyers were in they'd be on their respective forums upset about the new level of pay(or lack there of) they were recieving. I recently had a customer who has worked with a colleague of mine extensively, gathering numbers, test driving cars, etc. He came in a week later and when asked if he had worked with anyone said "not recently"(like a week after being with the first CA), we test drove a number of cars, etc... He called the original CA a few days later and came in to do it this all over agian then get some numbers and recieved a 3% discount on an X5, a vehicle that BMW NA is now shipping 18x the allocation the China because there is no market support over there(people pay MSRP, almost twice that because of taxes). He emailed the CA two days later with several qoutes from smaller dealerships at 1000 dollars over cost, the CA asked if the professionalism and service both himself and me(I won't get anything from it) was worth a premium and he responded no. This customer is extremely analytical and required an excessive amount of time and energy and didn't see any value in the time he had taken up, divide the measely flat the CA will recieve by the 6 plus hours he worked with this guy and he could have done better managing a Walmart, maybe even stocking shelves there.
Appreciate 0