badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cncjerry View Post
Hello thread people,

I've been posting on other threads. My X6 started using oil at 35k miles and became worse at 55k. BMW said it was 'normal'. I argued, threatened, etc for years, finally parked the car when the Bang Class Action suit started. After many, many emails, and with support from the Bang Class administrator, the local BMW dealer called me to bring my car in for 'repair'. I dropped it this morning and picked up a rental.

In June of this year, BMW evaluated my car the same way they did at 55k miles. I was using one US Quart every 250 miles (check the gas and fill-up the oil). They were still saying 'normal' even though it was smoking so badly people were stopping my wife and telling her the car was on fire! Still normal. Finally BMW told me their final offer was 40% of a 21k valve stem seal repair! Ha! This was crazy! The Bang admin went back to BMW NA, argued my point, and the dealer called. This brings me to today. I understand a replacement engine with labor, engine and turbos to be 10k. BMW is only offering me 4k off, which means I have to shell out 6k. This is bologna since my car failed at 55k seriously, 35k excessively. So now I am waiting to see if their story changed and they will do the seals for free. I heard the dealer billed cost to BMW NA is less than 5k for the seals...

I loved that car. I've had them all, Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, two BMWs, Mercedes, Jags, three Alfas (my first lemon law) and I think the X6 is up there with the best. Tons of power, etc. I have the sport package on it, don't know the final HP, but it is really strong, tons of torque, beat my 911 from red light to red light (my Audi S3 outran it), but it smoked pretty much since 30k. Whatever that service was around then, I think it caused it. One problem is the turbo location adds heat to the top of the engine (or so I was told).

More to come,

Jerry (CNCJerry on most sites) Look for my X6 beast in Marin county, Ca.
Do not give up! that's absurd for you to pay 6K for a design flaw made by BMW. Valve stems should be fully covered by BMW.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00