View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 01:09 AM   #43
Cncjerry
Rep
Drives: X6 and 335i

I noticed there was another class action lawsuit filed by 7 owners out of Georgia on Nov 9, 2018. Oil consumption again, fully loaded with all the usual complaints, asking for jury trial, etc. It will take 2yrs minimum to get settled and by then my X6 will be 10yrs old. I had planned to keep it 15 or so, heck my Jeep made it to 21.

I started driving my X6 again after sitting for 2.5yrs. I had forgotten what a beast it is. If it wasn't for all the smoke, but then again that's the issue. I also noticed that BMW is in deep do-do with their diesel engines and compensating ECUs. I suspect the gas engines do the same because there's no way the N63 with a cloud of smoke coming out the tailpipe should pass emissions.

As a parting shot I filed with California Bureau of Auto Repair, California SMOG and I have my complaint typed so I can save some money with legal counsel. I am going to file myself if I can't attach to the Georgia complaint since their counsel has an office in San Francisco.

Anyway, this just goes to show you, the people with the money, in this case BMW, still set the rules. In my case they want 8,200 for my share of an engine. By my calculations, at that price the dealer is making money on the labor and BMW is making money on the engine. Whoever wrote the Bang settlement really blew it. They gave BMW complete control and actually a way to squeeze on average another 4-5k or so out of 84,000 pissed off owners.

Jerry
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00