2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Your post reads a bit like the marketing materials. "50k tasks per year" and "most advanced system." There is nothing unique about what the materials and post describe. Example, occupancy sensors can do exactly what you describe with in terms of controlling lighting and hvac with Savant, Crestron and Lutron. I am interested in real world applications.
Actually there's a lot of things I mentioned that only Loxone can provide. Examples being knowing exactly where the sun is in the sky (and taking actions with that information); and the ability to break your HVAC system into individual zones. This is VERY real world. It is true that you could add light and occupancy sensors to a conventional control system, but the programming bill would be massive because the integrator would be starting from scratch.

Quote:
For instance, say you have a Jandy or Pentair pool controller. Can you natively control? Does Loxone make its own pool controller?
Loxone does make our own pool controller but it's not applicable to US systems. We easily integrate with popular US pool controllers.

Quote:
Another example. Sure you can control your own lighting but i would be reluctant to use a relatively new company for such a vital system when Lutron had robust, reliable systems and its much more likely they will be around and support in 10-20 years.
While not as old as Lutron; 10-year old Loxone is a very established and mature company. We have hundreds of thousands of active systems; 18 corporate office locations around the world. The two newest being our North American location near Philadelphia; and our China office in Shanghai.

Quote:
Really just trying to understand how this is any different or just marketing spin. No offense, honestly interested. Also, to address the post below none of the aforementioned automation systems require internet connection either.
The difference is the superior intelligence contained in a Loxone system. Other systems excel at being a CONTROL system. Loxone excels at being a AUTOMATION system. Loxone logic or smarts is absolutely a generation ahead of control systems. It's far more stable and reliable too.

You can download the Loxone app and try it out by connecting to the demo system in London we set up. This will allow you to test drive the app.