07-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
I currently have 2013 luxury line, have coded 2tb, but have also owned 2013 535i m sport with 2tb, brother also has 2015 X6 n55 m sport with 2tb. The factory 2tb shifting is much more sporty as in bolt riffle action, or more bang sound during shift, or aggressive hard shift which I can't duplicate just by coding. I know many say there is no difference but I certainly feel it.
There is literally no difference in the car what so ever beyond the shifter and coding. Same exact transmission as supplied by ZF, same exact everything else. I've had these discussions with ZF engineers and aftermarket trainers and I speculate I'm one of very few if any here that has blown a 8HP apart and put it back together again alongside ZF trainers. The car sets the line pressures for the transmission via software request in the Mechatronics valvebody.

What you "feel" can be a number of things including differing adaptations, it could also be in your head but it most certainly is not factory vs. retrofit physical difference.

Appreciate 0