11-02-2021, 03:13 AM   #4
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
As mentioned, 80/20 is the most versatile/adjustable. I went the tube frame Trak Racer stuff, because I felt like I my be getting in to having too much adjustability.

I built all new, because my last computer is OLD and I don't have 3 monitors anymore, 2 are for my work desk and I sold the other one.

I bought a pre-built gaming PC because video cars are outrageously overpriced and/or nearly impossible to find.

I purchased my PC from Skytech Gaming, they seemed to be the mix of price/value/good reviews. In May I paid $2900 for these specs:

SKU: ST-Chronos-B-0102
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8GHz (4.6GHz Max Boost)
Case: Skytech Chronos, Black Edition w/ Front Mesh
CPU Cooler: 360mm AIO Cooler
Motherboard: X570
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 CL16 3600MHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Primary Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate 520 Gen4 NVMe SSD
Power Supply: 850 Watt Gold 80 Plus Certified
Networking: 802.11 ac
Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

3-32" Samsung G5 1440p 144hz curved monitors

Fanatec CSL Elite wheels and pedals with the load cell for the brake pedal.

With the track racer TR cockpit and triple monitor mount, I was in for around $6k.
I don't really want to build a new PC, at least not yet. My laptop specs are plenty to start, ASUS ROG, Ryzen 9 5900HS, RTX3060, 16BGB (upgrading to 32), 1TB SSD, my only issue is I cant support triple monitor unless I run a controller, which I don't want to do because of the performance loss I've read about, so that's another reason I was looking at VR. I'm about 95% positive I would not like a single monitor, or even a large curved simply because I highly dislike cockpit views if I cant look out the side windows. Maybe if I find I get serious enough I'll build a dedicated PC with tri-monitor support.

I'm going to look into the 80/20 builds. I've got a few months before I'm home and can start building.

How many of you still use side shifters? Or do you just stick with flappy paddles?
Appreciate 0