Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Well, there is a lot of wrong here:

1- It’s universally agreed that ZF8 is the best transmission in market. And Nobody who’s looking to buy M5 backs away from it because of ZF8, actually ZF8 is a positive.

2- M cars are expensive and a small percentage of the sales. But M Performance line is more approachable, and it has just started last year. I’m pretty sure M performance line would improve sales of 550i and 340i for instance, so even if you’re personally annoyed with it, there is no way it would make a negative effect for overall profitability or sales.

3- Cheap plastic interiors since F series launched? Really? The reality is the exact opposite of you’re saying. E60 interior sucked. E90 interior sucked. E70 interior sucked. F got a little better, (Except for F30 IMO), and currently all BMW models are way better than pre-F series era in terms of plastic quality

4- If you read the article you would know that board is frustrated because BMW appears to be behind in EV tech and autonomy. So what you’re saying is the opposite of they’re saying.
I don't really care what the board wants, I'm just telling you the cars have never been cheaper to produce for BMW or had as big a price tag. This is to soften the blow of big R&D expenses.

You want a cheap BMW for full price buy it, that's fine. I personally expect a better value proposition. BMW wants to see how cheap they can go before you walk away.

R&D is bug, Which is big for the board every investor knows big R&D means big growth down the road, in theory. That's why Tesla has no profits for years but stock goes up. BMW doesn't have much to show for the expense. And it says more importantly 'BMW lost #1 selling luxury brand' recently.

The big picture here is that BMW sacrificed quality, lost sales, and has no electric profit to show. It's not hard to follow. Especially if you've driven an F30.

ZF8 is meh and hardly different than ZF6 and everyone on this board hates it in comparison to manual and DCT. Glad you like it, i don't. It's the only choice and it's not like a CVT or old Porsche slush so it gets good reviews. It's great for Stacey's leased 328i, it no business being associated with 'motorsport' and sadly it seems BMW has almost no association with it either except 3 series, one a regional Small German series and the other all electric with no fans and free tickets.

I still like the cars, don't get me wrong, but i like them less, and the trend is not good but I predict it corrects when the electrics come out and start making profit
Appreciate 0