Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Guys - I need your thoughts.

I've recently started seeing someone, and she seems really smitten really soon. I'm still seeing where it goes, but she's getting very attached. Not that I think she's a gold-digger, but she knows I'm building a house and have an M3 and a Ferrari.

She's a teacher, has an unused passport, 2 teen boys, and lives a nice sensible comfortable life. I don't know her financials, but I believe she lives sensibly but still paycheck to paycheck, I'm about to become comfortable - very comfortable. 8 figure comfortable. I have at least 4 international trips planned for next year alone (sorry - 3 - I still consider Hawaii as international!) and that leaves me with 2 problems:

1. She's a teacher, and it's hard for her to get away. I cannot plan but 1 of the trips (a wedding, and 2 birthdays cannot be changed by me) around her schedule.
2. She cannot afford to go on any of these trips.

#2 is less of an issue - I am old fashioned and not against paying to take someone provided she's not a gold digger, but #1 might mean she can't go on any of my trips which makes for a sad partnership in my view. Or am I being an ass?

I'm far from the "hey - don't work - just come live with me and we can travel at will" stage, but I worry that we're heading for troubled grounds.

I dunno. I've had a couple of wines and don't know what to think.
I wouldn't say she is a gold digger just yet, there are a number of reasons someone can become attached quickly. Previous relationship treatment has a lot to do with it. Is she divorced, widowed, etc? If she is a single mom there is more to the story. Is the father in the picture, was it messy? It's entirely possible she has been treated like shit previously, and now with 2 kids she recognizes the benefit of being with a respectable guy like yourself.

I'm 29, and my issue on dating sites is that most of the women who want to date me are single moms. Some of them very attractive, but I just don't want that baggage just yet. My thinking is that in this stage of their life they are done dealing with all the assholes, and someone who is financially responsible and a genuine person is attractive to them now that life has smacked them in the face with reality.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0