View Single Post
      02-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #48
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEF View Post
Your wiring diagnostic skills are really impressive. It's no wonder you tackled this rebuild.
Thanks!! that info comes from ISTA

While I wait for the new module I thought I have to remove the headlight to replace the lens so either way the headlight has to come off.

It was pretty obvious to see how the water got in

Figured to bake the headlight id have to remove the module, glad I did. it was swimming in water.

there was a sheet of ice underneath the module

yup no wonder my headlights are giving errors.

a lot of corrosion built up on the nintendo cassette and the and also on the receiving end inside the head light. plan is to clean it and apply dielectic grease.

Corrosion on the pcb as well. But not enough to eat trough the solder points. If anything ill re tin the connections so they are ok. but also I think water protection is required.

Found a broken piece of plastic inside headlight, I just need to be certain it does not come from the servo motor and it's mechanism. otherwise ill be back to square one.

Headlight going in the oven at 250 for 15min, touching it with a knife flat head screwdriver to check for donness.

Most expensive turkey i ever cooked!

Hopefully module is still good and I can send the other one back! this gives me hope the issue was just the under water situtation. also no way im sealing this light without some way to prevent this from happening again. a drain at the bottom of the headlight would be ideal. all tho properly sealed lights should never pool as much water as mine.

the moral of the story is if lights have more than condensation they have to come off! or risk destroying the module.