Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.21]
2009 BMW 328i Touri ...  [7.90]
2013 BMW X5 35i  [7.63]
2011 BMW 528i  [8.75]
2006 Mazda3  [5.50]
Broke down and took to Ontario BMW for service. Throwing codes for water pump and alternator, and previously oil level sensor, so concern that it was the BSD and/or DME. But they decided it was the aftermarket alternator the previous owner put in to save a couple bucks. It was not playing nice with the system, and was causing the other codes. So water pump was fine, and the previous oil level sensor was probably okay as well. So this round ended up costing me a mortgage payment worth of new alternator! Frustrating as I could have done it myself (four bolts FTW!) but I really wanted it tracked down. If that didn't fix it, would probably end up selling the car and taking a huge financial hit. But fingers crossed, it seems to be fine! I drove it to work for a couple days, and spouse is back in it and as happy as can be... she loves that damn car!

Next big expense will be when the adaptive suspension struts/shocks need replacing... those pieces are EX-Pen-SIVE! Doesn't need them yet, but know it's coming down the bend.

Right now I just want to go a month without needing to put one to two thousand dollars into a vehicle!
Appreciate 0