11-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #998
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
LOL all my friends back in San Diego will post photos when it's 60 degrees with their heavy jackets as if it's snowing out there lol! where 40 degrees here i'm excited to wear a tank top again
Remember John Soderman on channel 9/51? It gets under 70º and he's out there with his leather jacket, scarf and gloves! I don't remember wearing all that stuff when we lived in Salt Lake! I do remember my first winter there and the sun was shining brightly one February day. PERFECT car washing weather, so SoCal boy that I am I put on a pair of shorts a T-shirt and my flops (we used to call them thongs...) and went out side. I thought I was going to freeze to death!! I had to go in and put on what winter clothes I had which brought on another issue...

Our driveway had a slope and we faced west. I didn't really noticed the north-south swing of the sun in SoCal so didn't count on what happened next. I hosed down the car from the sunny side then walked over to the shady side. Turns out the water over-spray froze on the driveway of the shady side and I promptly slipped and fell on my back; knocking the wind right out of me! I was wearing a nylon jacket and started sliding towards the street, trying to grab the hose to stop my slide. I must have been a sight!! That's when I started using those hose-off car washes in the winter.
Appreciate 0