View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #1000
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Remember John Soderman on channel 9/51? It gets under 70º and he's out there with his leather jacket, scarf and gloves! I don't remember wearing all that stuff when we lived in Salt Lake! I do remember my first winter there and the sun was shining brightly one February day. PERFECT car washing weather, so SoCal boy that I am I put on a pair of shorts a T-shirt and my flops (we used to call them thongs...) and went out side. I thought I was going to freeze to death!! I had to go in and put on what winter clothes I had which brought on another issue...

Our driveway had a slope and we faced west. I didn't really noticed the north-south swing of the sun in SoCal so didn't count on what happened next. I hosed down the car from the sunny side then walked over to the shady side. Turns out the water over-spray froze on the driveway of the shady side and I promptly slipped and fell on my back; knocking the wind right out of me! I was wearing a nylon jacket and started sliding towards the street, trying to grab the hose to stop my slide. I must have been a sight!! That's when I started using those hose-off car washes in the winter.
wish there was some kinda security cam footage of that