HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

A better link is:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/specials/5serie...g_control.html

Quote:
Driving Dynamic Control.
How would you like to drive today? Driving Dynamic Control, gives you total control to meet your or your passengers' needs in the BMW 5 Series Saloon.

A touch of the switch next to the gearshift lever changes the level of driving pleasure from NORMAL to SPORT: the engine responds more spontaneously to the accelerator and the eight-speed transmission with Steptronic lets the engine rev high before quickly changing up a gear. At the same time the steering and chassis tighten. Touch the switch again to enter the SPORT + mode where the Dynamic Stability Control allows increased slip to the rear wheels.

The currently active mode is permanently displayed underneath the speedometer, and in the SPORT mode the drive train and chassis settings can be quickly and individually configured using the iDrive Controller for dynamic driving on badly surfaced roads for example.

The COMFORT mode is available with Variable Damping Control which provides both the driver and passengers with maximum comfort on longer journeys.
Hence my confusion... Some 'chassis tightening' appears to happen... from BMW's description... without needing the full VDC package. That is what it says from my reading.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0