06-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Just wait until you try 4 or 5 PSI! Feels to me like another 20 or so HP and another 20 or so TQ at least. Hard to tell as I haven't done any dyno runs but or sure there is significantly more power. Keep us posted and enjoy.
I cant wait to try raising the boost a bit more. I was planning on doing it today, but the 7am round of golf and being back in the office to finish projects put a hamper on that. I really think the numbers from Burger website is with the boost up to 5psi over stock. With my car and its dyno I really think it'll generate those numbers with the 1-2psi increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
I've never been a big fan of performance mods but after reading your thread Jason it's making me want to pick this up just for the heck of it.
My only concern and everyones probably heard this question over and over again is will this mod void my warranty?
I bought my car so I'd like to keep it covered. You mentions EAS installed in stealth like. Does that mean the dealer won't know it's there?
Honestly if it cost more than what it did I'd think twice but reading diesel's posts just made me want to go an try it out. It also helps seeing the car show that increase in power evenly throughout the whole powerband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I would read the N54 forums for more info but they are right that on regular maintenance visits the dealer will never know. However if something should happen to the motor and they look in the DME more carefully they can see it's been tampered with. There are MANY N54's an probably a fair number of N55's running both piggyback systems so I wouldn't worry and in fact my N63 will be a guinea pig starting next week but you should know what's what going in.
Definitely wouldnt stress about the dealer, I plan on going in for service with it installed and that still 8-9 months away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
Jaekeem, I am so jealous! I ordered mine and still waiting for it to arrive!! I am so mad at the guys at Jlevi since they did not contact me to tell me they needed my vehicle production date to send me the right unit!! Anyhow, it's shipped and on its way to me now. I will post my thoughts when its installed and I give it a good run. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us Jason.

MBA
MBA no need to be jealous you have yours coming in the next couple days. You'll forget all about jlevi after the install with that grin on your face. I'm looking forward to hearing your input on the device as well.

2011 F10 535i | Build Thread | Power Mods & Dynos
Appreciate 0