View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
Viking78
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d Xdrive Touring 2015

Hi again,

Sorry for my late reply! We have got a baby boy 6 weeks ago and he has taken most attention for some time

Last VIN digits are: G275739

I have attached a couple of pictures. As you (maybe) can see the roof strips are without the 'doors' having the mounting points underneath. If I loosen the strips I find some red clips that does the mounting of the strip and also some round rubber sealings which I guess could be the mounting points? Picture number two shows the rear right of the strip and the rubber sealing is right to the red clip.

In terms of looks I would prefer having the roof rails instead of just the mounting points. However, it might be both easier and cheaper if it is possible to install roof rack without having the roof rails.

I guess the questions would be:

1: Is it at all possible to retrofit Roof Rails on the car? In that case - is it possible to do it without removing the headliner from the inside - and would anyone have a guide or video to tell how to install the roofrails and how to remove the headliner if needed?

2: Is it possible to get roof strips with the doors for mounting points for F11? And would it be possible to install everything from the outside?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0