View Single Post
      06-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #27
The.King
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordinho View Post
The 2 part numbers i gave are for two different LED's. But both are part of Ambient light system. See realoem.com
One of the 2 LEDs (the black one you can see in my pictures) is easier to install for top fiber optics. It is straight and it is easier to face the light exactly at the end of the fiber optic.
The other one (63319242150) is angled - the light is 90 dgrs on the body. This one is for the door pocket but can be used for top one as well, however it isn't as easy to make a secure and tight layout (to face it properly at the end of the optic)
Again, thank you for your replies & info - much appreciated.

The thing about the two different LED Module numbers you gave is; one has now become obsolete (63.31.9.242.150) and is no longer supplied directly by BMW. The other one (63.31.9.213.415) was not recommended by my BMW Dealership. He said something about it was only "2 polig and it should be 3 polig"? I don't even know what that means (polig), but he gave me the right LED Module to get. As it is a new upgraded LED module, hopefully it does the trick.

What I hate about realoem.com, is that there are no pictures or proper diagrams for the part, so not really helpful to go looking up a part number. Therefore there is no way to see a visual difference between any LED Module? It's also the reason why I asked you about 61138377072 (plug housing), but I have no clue (1) what this is, (2) what it is used for, or (3) if I need it for this install? It was on 'livefour2day' original post, but I've no clue what it is?

I am also thinking about ordering an extra 2 x fibre optics & LEDs and putting them in the footwells to extend the Ambient Lighting a little??

Thanks again for your help.
Appreciate 0