01-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #78
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
When I was looking for F10, I could not find much information on angel eye lights.

Apparently, halo headlights have less powerful leds compared to xenon headlights. They have brighter halo rings with dedicated led under each ring.

When I checked LED coding for halo ring, it was already on 100% and it was not bright as you said. Xenon lights may have different coding but again I have not looked in to that. But xenon headlights have brighter halo rings to match xenons. Also, if you look at headlights with xenon, they have two led markers at the bottom of headlight and heat sinks are prominent.
Now if you compare that to standard headlight, they do not have those two led heat sinks underneath. Which gives me impression that xenon headlights have better LEDs with heat sinks whereas halogen headlights have less brighter halo rings.

I have looked into splitting the headlight and have rings fitted. There is not much information on the internet and a guy in states has done it. But not well documented.

I have also looked into retrofitting xenon headlights but they are expensive to source. I may simply change it to LCI at some point to have xenon as standard.

It will be very disappointing for you to know that you cannot have Cree lights on these. They do not have H8 bulbs and I cannot find any info. BMW manual suggest to take the car to bmw if leds stop working. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I remember that there is sensitivity settings but I have not played with it. I will leave OP to comment on it.

Once you code Halo rings to work as DRL, they will be ON at zero. However you can control them from idrive and turn them off at zero position. That is how I have coded them and they work brilliantly (though not as bright as any 3/4 series).

If you have 2011 car, then you cannot have enhanced BT. You have combox. Enhanced BT function is dedicated for NBT only.
You can add both phone with combox but only one will be active at a time.

Sorry OP, but I feel rude not to respond.
Thanks for responding; that's what is great about these forums. Great knowledge sharing.

You are correct about how the DRL's work after coding. Also, the sensitivity for Auto Headlights can be set to 3 or 4 different settings. I have mine set to least sensitive, and it works about OK.