View Single Post
      11-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #38
bar6755
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i Grey - Dead :(

Update:
The dealer gave the car back on 7/4. Completely detailed with a wash and wax. The ac was recharged. It was suggested not to spend the money on any additional repairs. There was no charge for the diagnostics and the car was delivered 60 miles from the dealership.

Since then, I have moved to the Tampa Bay Area. Needless to say I’ll not be returning to Columbia or Augusta unless someone pays me $$$$.
Car is still for sale but no one wants a 6-speed 5-series with the service engine light on. Offers have been around the $10k mark. I’ve put another 6,000 miles on the vehicle with minimal issues. My real hope was that Irma would f*** it up but I was very fortunate and my neighborhood didn’t get any damage.

The car originally came from Ohio I believe so it was not a flood damaged car. It was a clean title car with one owner purchased through an auction and transferred to Marietta, GA where I stupidly traded my E46 M3.
Classic case of a Dad attempting a family car but failing miserably. The wife prefers the kids to be in an SUV so the whole venture has been pointless.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I especially appreciate you telling it to me straight. It has helped: I think this thread is done now with me (the idiot) stuck with the car but at least it is currently operational.

During the fuel shortage, I used ethanol free 89 to fill up. During that tank, the check engine light went off. I’m experimenting with the same fuel again. If the light goes off, I’ll just sell it with a caveat to “only use Wawa ethanol free fuel or the check engine light will go on” plus transfer of all the service records of course.
Appreciate 0