View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
ColoradoCale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i xDrive; Z32 300ZX TT

Good to hear it has been pretty reliable, I'm not about power in this car. From what I've read the RC doesn't really give massive gains but gives a solid bump across the power band with some increases in gas mileage in eco. The numbers they have listed on racechip say a 55+ hp gain with the GTS but that is on max settings with 93 octane. Denver seems to only have 91 so my optimistic expectation would probably be a 40-45hp gain on max settings + 20-25 with the catted high flow so it'd be in the 300-310hp ballpark/stock 535i territory when in racemode and get a little bump in the already good fuel economy in efficiency mode. The GTS-Black would put it 10-15hp ahead of a stock 535i xdrive (in theory, haven't had much luck finding dynos for racechips in n20s) and the 528i xdrive is 133 lbs lighter to boot.

To make it sound more sporty (in the cabin) I'll just recode the ASD to M5 or M6 engine sounds

I just want to be comfortable while passing slower tourist traffic driving up to the mountains in the summer/winter, my weekly trips up to Boulder, and get decent gas mileage on occasional road trips.

My go-fast car is my Greddy + Stillen everything t-top Z32 TT. I'll be focusing on it after I get the DD sorted out, it has some boost leaks, harness issues, probably due for turbo rebuilds, a fresh tune for high altitude(was a san diego car,) and an injector issue. When my uncle passed away it went to my grandparents until my grandpa passed away, then to my mom, then to me when she couldn't store it/get the work done it needs. Needs lots of love to get it back to where my uncle had it. Was at around 405 bhp before adding NOS for 1/4 runs (the spray system was removed after he passed.)

Last edited by ColoradoCale; 06-05-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0