View Single Post
      05-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
ColoradoCale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i xDrive; Z32 300ZX TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Nice choice, good value. Slap some 331 rims on it, it will look great in non M trim with those. Even if you commute, the ride cant be so bad for you. Also that tan interior gives away the age, you got plans on getting it properly detailed inside?
I'm looking at getting some RSR R702s for it, should be a nice update and 12 lbs less unsprung weight.

View post on imgur.com

I'm getting a full detail kit from Zymol and going to be going bumper to bumper on it once the tree's stop with all the pollen. I washed it 2 days ago, then it rained and was covered in pollen overnight. Sprayed and wiped down yesterday. Pollen overnight. Sprayed down, wiped down, quick detail spray, wiped down again. 20 minutes later, f*ckin pollen. I'm also looking at getting this and this for the interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmon View Post
Hop on to bmwtechnician.com for a little eye opening on the timing chain problem
I'm aware of the timing chain issue, did all the research before going in. I already have all the newtis.info pages to do it printed out. I'll be looking for some second hand BMW timing tools then dropping the oilpan + taking off the valve cover to do timing chain, guides, and tensioner. Once that is done with parts from 2015 or later it is supposed to be good for another 100-150k miles. Will check out the oil pump while I have the oilpan off. The e30 I had had the timing belt snap on an interference engine. The head had several bent valves and broken rocker arms. Not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mexican Women View Post
I have both. The e90 corners way more direct with almost no sacrifice in ride comfort or highway performance - I would say it is a better package overall. the F10 is more comfortable, especially the interior. I would avoid the N20 engine at all costs
I'm sure the e90 corners way better, but the e36 corners better than the e90, and the e30 was ridiculous with a M54 swap in the corners. I'm going for interior space and comfort (I have multiple spine injuries, multiple shoulder injuries, multiple neck injuries, and problems with where my spine meets my pelvis + osteoarthritis in my shoulders and neck.) I'll be cornering with my Z32 on the weekends once it has been revived

Just sold the e90 last night
Attached Images

1972 Datsun 240Z; 1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ w/ 8" lift; 1992 BMW 325is; 1991 ground up drift built Nissan 240SX convertible; 2004 F250 6.0 w/ 4" lift; 1991 300ZX TT: Greddy everything; 2006 BMW 325xi; 2012 BMW 528xi

Last edited by ColoradoCale; 05-25-2018 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0