View Single Post
      05-26-2018, 01:28 AM   #11
Big Mexican Women
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCale View Post
I'm looking at getting some RSR R702s for it, should be a nice update and 12 lbs less unsprung weight.

View post on imgur.com

I'm getting a full detail kit from Zymol and going to be going bumper to bumper on it once the tree's stop with all the pollen. I washed it 2 days ago, then it rained and was covered in pollen overnight. Sprayed and wiped down yesterday. Pollen overnight. Sprayed down, wiped down, quick detail spray, wiped down again. 20 minutes later, f*ckin pollen. I'm also looking at getting this and this for the interior

I'm aware of the timing chain issue, did all the research before going in. I already have all the newtis.info pages to do it printed out. I'll be looking for some second hand BMW timing tools then dropping the oilpan + taking off the valve cover to do timing chain, guides, and tensioner. Once that is done with parts from 2015 or later it is supposed to be good for another 100-150k miles. Will check out the oil pump while I have the oilpan off. The e30 I had had the timing belt snap on an interference engine. The head had several bent valves and broken rocker arms. Not fun.

I'm sure the e90 corners way better, but the e36 corners better than the e90, and the e30 was ridiculous with a M54 swap in the corners. I'm going for interior space and comfort (I have multiple spine injuries, multiple shoulder injuries, multiple neck injuries, and problems with where my spine meets my pelvis + osteoarthritis in my shoulders and neck.) I'll be cornering with my Z32 on the weekends once it has been revived

Just sold the e90 last night
the e36 sure does corner better, but the e90 has achieved a near perfect balance between ride comfort/ high stability and cornering potential.

if you want a nice smooth highway ride, and a car that is supremely capable around quick, high speed cornering transitions, you will be very pleased with the F10.
Appreciate 0