View Single Post
      10-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #109
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

[QUOTE=lsturbointeg;18695875]Yup! I read a lot of reviews both good and bad. Most of the bad was fitment issues so hopefully he got those squared away?! Just concerned with the smoking issue on a couple of reviews people had mentioned. The price is pretty cheap and aesthetically they look sweet! Are u thinking about trying these out? Even tho they're made in Taiwan he mentioned most rotors are made from there but I'm sure people will flame on these and say go with Brembo or so.

I'm thinking about it, I get a nice end of year bonus mid December so I can get them without dipping into my other funds. My only issue is they don't make a rear kit that uses the electric parking brake. My only option would be m5 rear brakes and I don't want the blue powder coating, I want to go all silver. I would have to get the m5 rear calipers repowdered silver. As far as the flaming or the go brembo, I could careless. I've seen in an old e39 m5 thread where a guy bought some and he said they were awesome. Plus I'll be getting the 8 piston, which M doesn't make so I won't be an M5 wannabe. No offense to anyone who wants m5 brakes but the M5 owners make fun of the 550 M Sport and say it's not a real M car (and the more m5 parts we put on the 550 the more wannabe we are) which it really isn't from a performance standpoint. So I was just letting people know there is a less expensive option, if they don't like them they don't have to buy them.

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 10-06-2015 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0