View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
So while I like my latest car, an 18 m240i, I don't feel any passion for it. I rarely look back at it and when I do, don't linger at it, I don't want to hand wash it, and would rather just put in through the auto wash. While I enjoy driving it, I don't really crave driving it, like I have other cars...

As an enthusiast, I miss that passion for my car. I've been here before. Back in the day I had a 1990 300Zx that I loved...I went from that car to a 1994 mx6 that I liked but never loved...and when I got a 2003 350Z from the mx6 that brought the passion back

In this case I am looking at making moves to another car that will bring the passion back
like the M2, the c63S, f type r etc
all of these moves would involve serious financial loss (since i just got the m240i)

but I wonder if instead light mods might give me the passion for the car I miss...

as a start I was thinking of a mild drop and adding 19's (inspired by another fellow on 2addicts who did this and his car looks amazing)

But I am wondering if that will do it? Can relatively minor mods give you the passion for a car that you really had none for from the get go?
Totally understand how you feel...prior to this M5, had the V10 M6 which I handwashed and waxed all the time, lightly modded, loved driving and wouldn't even turn on the radio most of the time because of the V10 sound. This car is faster, but heavier and just not as fun. Maybe you should try a tune and see how that makes you feel? Increasing the power and noise might change your mind.
Appreciate 1
baege1320.50