View Single Post
      03-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #10
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

I pulled the trigger on MHD Stage 1 OTS tonight. Once I found that tax was not going to be added to MHD, but was to BM3, it seemed pretty clear to me. $440CAD for MHD and all Stage 1 maps, $1056CAD for BM3 with all maps (most of which I'd never use). It was a tough call and I was flip-flopping until the end.

It's just below freezing tonight and I didn't have much driving to do this evening. First flash was 91oct with normal throttle mapping. Very noticeably quicker. Too quick for any of the locations I was driving, and I got a little bucking at a couple of stop signs due to having more power faster before the torque convertor even let me start rolling. (My TC acts a little clumsy, hoping a fluid/filter change this spring cleans that up).

I reflashed adding the linear throttle option I was looking forward to for another short drive this evening. It's STILL faster than the stock "marketing" throttle map that's pretty much maxed out by 60% pedal, and the last 50% just keeps pulling harder. Wow.

I need to let the car and myself adapt. The linear throttle option is a winner for me personally. With the power gains it's even more responsive than I thought it would be. I may be experiencing some lumpy throttle mapping or it may just be turbo lag becoming more pronounced. Need more drive time. (and to get my winter tires off. and my MPE back on.) Best $440 I've ever spent on my F10.

Last edited by Surly73; 03-25-2019 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0