View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #175
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Some things sound retarded on paper; sometimes the tree looks sick, when the forest is healthy. I think this is one of those times....

Originally, I heard about this M-Performance line and just couldn't wrap my head around it. Now I see it, now I get it. They are doing what I and many others have asked for: don't water down the ///M line just to make everyone happy. For the "torque whores", the "I need an everyday car with more power", the "damn my car eats gas" crowd, they have created the M-Performance line. Look at these cars, they are CLEARLY not ///Ms; if nothing else shows you that, just look at the torque / power curves. But they are BETTER and provide BETTER performance than many cars on the road, and certainly better than any normal "series" production BMW. They also provide the customer with some "individuality" and "specialness" many people crave and look for without forcing them to give up the perks of a series production BMW (reasonable pricing, fuel efficiency and EVERYDAY usability)---->yes I say reasonable pricing because the ///M5 sits 10% or more above this pricing. Many of us use our ///Ms as everyday cars, but that is because we compromise and are less demanding and lazy. For many, the concept of making an e9x ///M, an everyday car is UNIMAGINABLE. Others simply cannot afford an F10 or e9x ///M.

I am VERY saddened by the news the cars won't make it stateside. I think its ironic that the one market that may LOVE these cars the most can't have them because they simply don't have one thing the cars need to run properly: proper diesel. Would be nice if our politicians removed their heads from their asses and spent more time getting behind campaigns to make the public aware of the benefits of top tier, clean burning diesel engines and getting the oil companies to provide top tier diesel fuel amongst other "responsible" energy policies, but that is another rant for another forum

Kudos to BMW, they found a way to leverage the "///M Brand" without, I think, destroying the power of that Letter nor the pure ///M cars that are to come.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0