12-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy817 View Post

someone else on another forum mentioned that richard spilling all that food wasnt such a nice gesture especially in front of the very people that might of been their meal in a country filled with hunger and poverty. its also sad to see countries like this that majority of the population rides on a over packed trains while others drive around in a M3... even modified with CF trunk like the show pictured.

dont get me wrong im not much of a humanitarian and believe that there will always be the poor and the rich, but just dont think its something a popular automotive television show should depict.

i think TG should of made a show based on how cheap and resourceful petrol/gas/fuel would be if 1,170,938,000+ people of india just disappeared... or the 1,338,299,500+ popluation of china... you know something that most enthusiast probably think about in back of their minds every time price rises at the pump.

but anyways... im just disappointed that there was no desert crossings or worlds most dangerous roads to be conquered or drive on ice to the pole. its something i cant just do. but if i wanted to i can always drive in india if i wanted to.
This is a pretty silly post, considering that most of those food boxes (tiffins) are being delivered to middle-class working men in a major metropolitan city. I think you neglect the fact that Mumbai is much like New York, where the majority of people do NOT own cars thanks to the insane road congestion and cost of ownership, which is MUCH higher than owning a vehicle in the United States. The registration fee ALONE for a new BMW 325i is approximately $15-20k, not to mention import fees, taxes, etc. Overpacked trains does not equate to impoverished people - I know many who take trains or buses in mumbai, and they are certainly not living in the streets. Congestion is just a way of life in India.

It's like saying that you shouldn't be driving around in a 335i when there are homeless people living on the streets in American cities, or people living off of food stamps in Dallas.

I'll stop here, but it really irritates me when people cast a 'holier-than-thou' attitude on developing nations and the contrast between rich and poor, when their own nations suffer from the same exact issues.
Appreciate 0