03-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDEEDUBBX View Post
apologies, didn't know you couldn't delete tuner codes etc, on the website they do offer it though. I emailed Terry a couple weeks ago inquiring about a stage 3 jb4 type tune and nothing is currently in the works for that =( Anyone that has driven a E90 with the N54 motor with the JB4 knows what a beast it can be. The N55 along with the weight of the F10 is a slug when I compare it to my previous E90. It would be nice to get the F10 535 in the low 12's.
The problem that Terry (and Shiv) are facing with your Platform (and Mine) is the fact that we are rolling with a different ECU programming than the typical 335's, also you need to take into account that the 335's don't have 8-Speed Transmissions either... I'm no expert, but the only way you'll achieve gains like the JB4 and Proceed users have is to get a flash tune, and although not recommended, stack the JB3 on top of the flash..

It's truly a shame that BMW doesn't offer the PPK to the 535 and X5 crowd, because you could relatively safely stack the JB3 on top of the PPK tune, or maybe even the Dinan tune, but what I find weird is that the DINAN is available for the X5 but not the 535, is the programming of the 535 even more different than that of the X5?

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0