KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Ferrari Daytona - What am I missing?

Let me preface this by saying that I have been a car guy since birth and growing up, there was nothing as cool or captivating as a Ferrari. The curves, the sexy lines - they've always been so beautiful to me and although I would never buy one, I have always thought of them as having some of the most amazing designs in the industry. I also watch my fair share of cars shows (Chasing Classic Cars and alike) and it seems that one of the models I hear about the most often is the Ferrari Daytona. It is almost universally admired and coveted and fetching high prices at auction. They talk about this car being so beautiful and such a collectors item...

The only problem is, I think it's the most hideous car to ever wear the prancing horse!

I find this car to be utterly shapeless and completely forgettable. I fail to see how any effort was actually made in designing the vehicle other than "Ok, straight line from tip to tail with a sloped front... add a roof... eh - good enough - Voila!"

I guess the reason I'm starting this is to find out if I'm completely alone in this thinking because I really don't get it. How do you guys feel about the Daytona?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0