01-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #89
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBasketball View Post
The N62 motors all suffer form various oil leaks, valve stem seals going bad. As time goes on, and these N63s are getting higher millage on them, I suspect to see the same issues. BUT since the N63s are turbo, owners will also get all the shitty issues that come from FI like carbon buildup along with problems mentioned in this service bulletin (injectors etc).

I feel terrible for any person who owns a higher millage N63 out of warranty. Sure these motors produce great power and are fun to drive, but all this FI tech, combined with long OCIs and advanced electronics are killing the reliability/longevity of these engines.

EDIT: Where the hell was BMW with a Service bulletin like this for the N54s!?!?!?
That would be me, but I do all the maintenance myself. I have changed 4 injectors myself already (have the diag computer to do it). not so bad, but yes the tech is killing these cars.

I wrote to BMW Canada about this Campaign/TSB but they said there is nothing outstanding on my car. Seems like this is just in the US so far but i'm sure its coming up north soon. I hope!!
Appreciate 0