Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: my neighbors crazy!

Garage List
2009 Nissan GT-R  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
2 weekends ago I went on a road trip to running springs to visit my brother, as you may or may not know the n63 likes to burn oil, about a quart of oil in 1500-2500 miles so I checked mine just before we hit the road. I was almost a full quart low and topped it off just be before we set sail, I checked the level again as I was driving towards the freeway onramp. The freeway onramp which is about an 1/8th mile long and I like to stomp on it and just as I hit 100mph I got the drivetrain malfunction reduced power warnings. So I exited at the next exit and pulled over turned off the car turned it on and let the oil level finish, I checked the control messages and nothing, no malfunctions everything was ok. I spent the next 3 hours driving betwen 95 and 140mph and never got another warning. Did you by chance check the oil before you got your error? I learned something new that day and wanted to share my experience, Dont haul ass while your car is checking the oil level. I miss the dipstick.
Funny you mention the oil, I keep my oil level monitor on both my M6 (the HUD has an oil level setting) and on my 550i. The previous owner took it in a week before I bought it for low oil and had it topped off at the dealership, so I should probably top mine off and see what happens. I know it's not low, but it's also not full. That's a good point!
Past: 2011 550i ///M Sport | 2010 M6 Coupe | 2004 BMW M3 Convertible | 2003 BMW 330i
Appreciate 0