View Single Post
      06-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #420
kmaforty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i, '17 530i, '20 330ix

N63 oil consumption testing in process - now broken

I just had an oil change June 01 at 70,250 and returned for oil consumption test at 71,250, as oil and coolant top-offs have become too frequent. SA indicated only 0.8L consumed in 976 miles = OK. SA suggested 1st test was highway miles and advised to return vehicle for 2nd test at 72,000 driving more aggressively stop and go. He seemed to have some compassion and hoped that repairs could be done if 2nd test failed.

Well, I never made it. Took it out for a short hop last night and noticed a slight chirping noise, mostly when feathering the throttle. Thought there may have been some driveline vibration issue or maybe a coil going bad. Before I could complete my trip, the noise became louder and bucked and hesitated. No warning lights and oil is still showing max. I parked it on the street and had it towed to dealer today. Odo showing 71,500.

Hoping it is turbos and not short block related. Really hoping the care package can some how accommodate this, but not holding my breath. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0