12-01-2021, 07:07 PM   #63
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Have you driven an M car vs a non? I've owned both and feel the value is justified. I've also driven a regular Veloster and an N and would gladly pay the differential. Good cars are good cars. Cheap cars are cheap cars. Sometimes they even overlap. I drive GTI because it's value and it's entertainment overlap at a sweet spot for me. I really don't know what a similarly equipped Golf would have cost.

I think it's safe to say that the old Sport Elantra with no Biermann input and the current N drive nothing alike.
May have driven an m car or two. May own a few now.

As for the sport, it was absolutely a Bierman project. It had irs, dct and the tuning it did directly because of him.

The point i was making has been lost on this silly argument that has come full circle. I agree the price point has to cross at the apex of value and entertainment to money invested. I stand by the increase for value provided is too steep to attract the same target market. Will they find a new market? Maybe. With the average price of new cars where it’s at most new buyers don’t have much of a choice when it comes to “sports sedans” and the like. I’m not that market, but by many defending its price point and or petitioning my posts, maybe you are. Enjoy the n.
Appreciate 0