View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 10:17 PM   #303
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

G30 brakes retrofitted. 376x36 front, 345x24 rear. Needed a 8mm spacer (plus accompanying hub extender) to fit under the 343M's, as the corner of the calipers kept touching the spokes. In hindsight, I wish I took these to a machine shop before powder coating and had them machine back the corner a bit more, since there's a solid amount of meat there still. Oh well. First impressions:

Feels really good, but in a very subjective way. You get a lot more braking power up front, so the brakes feel more responsive but also takes more conscious control. The original brakes are more progressive and so you can really modulate the precise amount of braking power you want for silky smooth stops, while the brembos can be a bit jerky. If you overreact on the brakes you can really jerk yourself forward due to the unexpected braking force. Personally, I prefer to get more braking power up front and then back off as I need it, but for instance my dad like to have less initially and then have it build as he pushes harder. To each their own. From my very crude test at 40mph, stopping distance is worse by a slight amount due to the increased weight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Blue Angel1000.50