View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #419
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmdesign View Post
all of these have been done using BimmerCode as I don't have E-sys or a compatible cable...... and I'm lazy too... that too...

CAR: 2016 F11 520D M-Sport / HU-NBT

EBT (Office menu)
First thing, I was having a lot of trouble getting this to work, for instance, I could get the Office menu, but wouldn't see texts or emails, or I could get texts, but no cover art over BT, or I would lose voice commands and the ability to summon Siri from the steering wheel button... eventually I started looking into what each item on the cheat sheets did and found what worked best for me:

Attachment 2042803

This particular coding got me the following:

- Office menu
- Covert Art over USB and BT
- Full SMS from my iPhone (no email though, still working that one out)
- Full use of voice commands and Siri button
- All other functions as before

If anyone has anything to add that would aid in getting emails to work I would be grateful.

Remember you will have to forget your phone from the Bluetooth menu and forget your car from your phone, once all the coding is done, you should pair them up again.

Compass and x-Drive menu

I wanted the Compass displayed on my 6WA dash, and then I found that you could enable xDrive Status even if your car is not xDrive, to show the compass and pitch and roll (I don't think torque is working)

I have also coded the m550d logo, on the dash but that one I'm sure you all know by now how to do.

These are the items that worked for me:

Attachment 2042786

See below for pictures of the result:

Attachment 2042788

Attachment 2042787

Video-in-motion and extended Codec pack

I've installed an SSD on the central console with a few movies (all legally owned ) and just enable these settings:

Attachment 2042793

I can probably upload a video if anyone wants to see how that looks while working but here is a few pics:

Attachment 2042795

Hope this helps if someone is having a bit of a headache like I was specially with the Office stuff.

Next steps for me will probably be trying to code SPORT+, but all my reading says it cannot be done just yet on BimmerCode for my F11 at least. Again, if anyone has any input, more than glad to listen
Thanks for posting this. I will be trying the Compass addition via Bimmercode in the next few days.

You really should start a new thread about Coding with BimmerCode Expert Mode - I am sure there a many here who prefer BimmerCode for quick coding.
Appreciate 2