Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I have been a member and poster at Miata.net for many years, and have had a Miata in the garage for nearly 2 decades. I've seen your posts on occasion over there.

I agree - I have seen an occasional person jump from a Miata to a Boxster, but don't feel it is a common occurrence. If they do, it is usually from an NA or NB to an early 986, where costs are similar.
That's great. YMMV. All I'm doing is reporting back what I've learned from multiple credible sources over the years. If you guys are digging that deep to find fault with stuff I'm posting, I'm doing it right.

Thanks.
Your pom poms are certainly getting a workout. It's a good car, enjoy it. But so are the six cylinder ones (I'd personally much rather a Spyder or GT4 than any 911 or 718, but I have a small child, so that's right out.)

I'd probably rock an ND Miata over a Boxster or Boxster S. The Miata is just a great car and the level of track support is pretty impressive too. Plus I kind of prefer having access to the motor without a lift.

I think by now we all know you like your 718. But folks can also not like it. You're on a BMW forum, trashing the M4 might not be as easy as it is on the P Car forums. People put money on their decisions and while you and I can think it's a heavy, large, weird sounding thing, I can also think at the same time that 718's sound almost as weird and no where near as great as a Champion 4.0L GT3 motored Cayman.

I chose to buy (two) GTI's over anything BMW is currently making. And while I sometimes talk it up, I'm cool with everyone thinking it's a dorky teenagers car too and it most certainly sounds less appealing than most of the BMWs I've owned. And as a bonus, you and I have the same headlight switch.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15129.00
Viffermike1753.00
Not Sure217.00