View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #26
335iNavyGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 N54 E92

Hey Sorry i missed this comment yesterday, thanks for the advice. So far every connector ive checked is mildy corroded nothing major. Also if i find any real bad ones, I would just splice in a new one. Ive done tons of electronic repair so im ready for that. Also, the boxes in the drivers side food well, do you mean just under the cluster? The two boxes there? I was told one is the module that controls like, keyfobs etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
Watched your video, and after taking my car interior down to the chassis, just like you, there would be several electronic modules that I suspect would be an issue, but maybe not....

1. the Footwell module on the drivers side of the car
2. the JBBE module that is mounted in the front fuse box
I did take the JBBE apart, and my original was conformal coated, but the one I purchased off of eBay from another F10, wasn't conformal coated...

So if you open your electronic boxes, like your seat module and they are conformal coated, you can probably let them dry out, and they will most likely work again...other control units, you may not be that lucky.

You should remove your dash board. It's only held into place with a dozen or so torx trim screws after you remove your instrument cluster, HUD and glovebox.

You will want to disconnect every connector and verify that water did not ingress...don't forget the connectors on your air distribution box behind the dashboard. Given the condition of your subwoofers, I hope you get to the electrical connectors before they corrode.....

BUT if all fails, you have an option to buy a used harness off eBay and install it. I purchased an M5 chassis ($500) and audio harness, and wasn't too bad to replace once you have your cabin fully stripped out...if you go this route, you'll need access to the driver's A-pillar and C-pillar because the body harness runs up the rear to the antenna, and the front runs up to the items mounted on the ceiling of your vehicle.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0