View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #79
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_S5 View Post
There's traffic in every major cities around the world ie. Boston, NYC, Chicago and LA I think is the baddest in terms of traffic jam. I do some freeway driving as well and I don't use my car to commute so I don't sit in traffic all the time so your point of sitting in traffic all the time is invalid or it's maybe a fact that you have never been in our city or maybe you haven't got a clue of what a real traffic jam is about (try driving in downtown Bangkok or cities like Mumbai, Jakarta and Sao Paulo)

Also the 4 cylinder N20 will drive comfortably at speed in excess of 140km/h, that's more than the posted speed limit on most US highways 55mph.

From what I read, most of the 550 is sold in the States, even our friends from Germany who drives in the Autobahn with no posted speed limit buy less 550 then folks from the States.

Having said that, let me ask you the same questions you think you still need the V8 or anything that's more then 4 cylinder in the states?
Not too many open freeway in Hong Kong, at least not like here in the States where there are hundreds of miles of open road.
If I live in Bangkok or cities like Mumbai, Jakarta and Sao Paulo, I would ride a bike or a motorcycle
I am sure the 4 cylinder N20 will drive comfortably at speed in excess of 140km/h, but it’s not how it drives at that speed, it’s how a car accelerate up to that speed. A Camry can drive comfortably at speed of 140km/h.
Most people in Europe cannot afford the gas bill for the 550i, come to think of it, I can’t either
Nobody needs a V8, they just want it. The engine note, smooth acceleration and power on tap is what a luxury car is all about. personally, I think the N55 is the best compromise between power and fuel economy.
Appreciate 0