On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Don't believe that San Mateo's "laid back environment" doesn't mean there's a lot hating going on. My friend got his M3 keyed in a parking lot in downtown San Mateo. He didn't provoke anyone, nor was his car loud - someone just didn't like a modded car parked in a parking lot. Even though there were many more expensive cars parked nearby.

The bay area in general is very anti car enthusiast. There's a lot of high income individuals and a lot of them do not like cars.

Also, a exotic car is a sign of conspicuous consumption and the SF bay area is very anti conspicuous consumption. It creates a weird dichotomy having a $120k Tesla is eco friendly and saving the environment but a $120k R8 is a menace to society.
Yeah, as pretty as it is, I grew to loathe Bay Area culture. I’m glad to be out. Unfortunately LA isn’t much better, but I’m looking to get out of LA as soon as I can break free of my golden handcuffs.

The irony is that there is nothing “green” about a Tesla, or any other EV. Unless you drive the crap out of it for 80 years (which none of the self-righteous, arugula-chewing, anti-capitalist Bay Area millionaires do) you have done the environment no favors. But hey, you get to look down your nose at all the M3-driving enviro-criminals, so there’s that....