07-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveGuy View Post
Oh my God, thanks guys. I definitely need to get that ceramic coating!

Yesterday I spend 5 hours detailing the outside of the car. I only use high quality micro-fibers as I learned from YouTube. Most of my stuff is from Chemical Guys and before waxing I did a once over with the Black Light stuff. I think the Black Light definitely helped in some areas but on the side I definitely still see the lines.

Obviously they are not bad since the car is brand new but I'd rather not have any and put that protective stuff on so I can be more diligent in the future with my wash.

To be honest though, I am scared to try to buff them out now on my own since it will be my first time.

I just don't understand how I got them to begin with though. I was super careful. I even used my leaf blower to dry the car then pat down the semi-wet areas with a brand new CG micro towel. I think where I got some of the micro scratches was applying the wax. Buffing the wax out outside is not easy considering spots get dust while buffing out the other side! Damn, I wish I had a garage.

What's funny is my hood and trunk NEVER get any lines but other areas do. It's what leads me to think it's the buffing process because I do those areas first. It's so weird how my entire hood doesn't have one line on it. I even got some lines on the headlights!

I think my best bet is to buff these lines out and apply the ceramic next time. Maybe I should do some spots a little at a time to make sure I get all the areas and don't overwork myself to the point I start rushing some spots.

What do you all think?

EDIT: What do you all do with the black trim on the car and chrome areas? I noticed that the jet black trim has some lines on it as well.
There are tons of YouTube videos on paint correction. Get the correct, quality products and go for it! The 1st time can be daunting, but if you follow the videos with quality products you will do just fine. My last car's previous owner was a fan of car washes. I got out all of the micro scratches following the techniques in the videos.
Appreciate 0