View Single Post
      02-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #15
nissubaru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i MSport + 1990 300ZX TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Actually, that's not a defence. Slowing down and creating distance would be avoiding the situation. I'm not sure I'd call gravel hitting the front of your car a 'dangerous situation".
Have you ever been behind a dump truck spewing gravel behind them? You can hit your brakes all you want to create space but the shit just keeps coming. I've been stuck behind them on the turnpike before and it's either speed past them or slow down to 40mph on a 65mph road so that I can create enough distance that I don't get hit with debris. I don't need to see the debris hitting my car, if I can hear light taps or ticking noises from rocks hitting my car that's enough for me to get pissed off.

I REALLY hate dump trucks. One of the main roads in my town leads up to a quarry so there are dump trucks coming up and down the road all day long. You can see where they turn onto the bridge and drop shit all over the road. The road is also fucked up as hell with pot holes and bumps because of the constant truck traffic going up and down the street. I get that they have a job to do, but this stretch of road is more or less their access to the highway and its a disaster because of it. I really wish they would maintain it as if it were their own property but that's not gonna happen.
Appreciate 0